Steam Sale Counter
Valve keeps Steam Sales as a guarded secret. But the dates always slip out before the sales actually happen. Sale information is shared with developers and partners only. Customers are kept from knowing the exact date of the sale because then many would simply wait for the discounts.
CriticEcho's Steam Sale Timer is a beautiful countdown timer which shows the remaining estimated time until the next big Steam Sale and the status of any ongoing sale.
This page keeps track of all the sales offered by Steam including Holiday Sale, Lunar New Year Sale, Summer Sale, Halloween Sale, Winter Sale, and Autumn Sale, etc.
Bookmark this page to quickly check when the next Steam Sale is going to begin.
Steam Sale Schedule
Steam sales have a regular pattern. The exact date just varies by a few days from last year. So, by looking back at Steam sale dates from the previous few years, we can predict the dates of each Steam sale in and beyond.
Steam Summer Sale
Steam Halloween Sale
Steam Black Friday/Autumn Sale
Steam Christmas / Winter / Holiday Sale
How does this Steam Sale Counter work?
As mentioned above, the dates of the upcoming Steal Sales are predicted based on data from the last few years.
The data that is considered to make these predictions consists of:
- Dates and months in which sales started before
- Which day of the week the sale usually starts
- How long the sale usually lasts
- On what dates or events the sales generally hit
- Timings are based on the Pacific Standard Time
Additionally, the dates are updated timely when there is an update from any reliable source.
How accurate is this Steam Sale Counter?
This is a page designed for all the gamers out there which will try its best to help you prepare for the upcoming Steam sales.
Please keep in mind that Valve or Steam or any of their sister companies are not involved in the creation of this page.
The dates provided by this page are basically a guess. You can see the status of the prediction by the badges:
Do share this page with all your gaming buddies to keep them updates. Also, don't forget to check out FAQs below.
Tips to make the most out of the Steam Sales
- Prepare a wishlist: Steam sales are the best time to look for the discount on your favorite games in your wishlist. Make sure you prepare a wishlist prior to the sale so that you don't miss any of the deals.
- Get free trading cards and sell them: Some Steam Sales like Winter Sale gives you ways to get free trading cards. You can sell these trading cards to get credit in your Steam wallet, which can later be used to buy new games.
- Bundles can help save a lot: Publishers on Steam offer gaming bundles with multiple games or DLCs at a much cheaper price tag. Sometimes it's seen that the bundle costs the same as the individual game. So why not get the bundle instead. Keep an eye out for them.
- Don't rush and stay patient: You should never start making purchases as soon as a Steam Sale starts. That's the time when most users are online and overload the servers. Your purchases may not go through properly, or the site will load slowly. So wait for at least a day or two before you start making purchases.
- DLCs for your favorite games: There are games that we can't get enough of, but every good thing comes to an end. If you have a game that you've finished, then you can look for its DLCs because DLCs are much cheaper during the sales. It's an excellent way to replay your already finished favorites.
- Discounts are valid throughout the sale period: Most of the deals stay live throughout the sale duration. There are some flash sales that you can look for. Other than that, you have an entire sale duration to make your purchase without any rush.
- Don't wait for the last moment: Avoid making your purchase during the last moments of the sale because if the server goes down, you may lose your money.
- Set a budget and add the amount to the wallet: Before the sale starts, set a budget and add the same amount to your Steam wallet. The reason being, sales are the peak times for Steam servers and their payment gateway to go down. That may result in an incomplete transaction. So, always add money to your wallet before the sale starts.
- Don't buy the game just because it's cheap: Sometimes, we make impulse purchases because of a huge discount. Make sure you read the reviews first. Also, make sure that you like and understand the game because what's the sense of buying a game if you're not going to play it ever, right?