Privacy is everyone’s right! Sometimes it becomes essential to encrypt, or password protect apps on Mac. The case is when your Mac is shared among your friends or family or maybe your girlfriend 😛
The purpose is simple; to prevent any unauthorized access to your personal data like emails, photos, videos, and contacts etc. It has been asked by many of our users that how they can password protect or encrypt any particular or several applications on Mac.
Encrypting the whole system is easy, but if you ever wanted to password protect only some particular apps then it was not a piece of cake, but it now is. Today, I will share with how you can easily protect your applications on Mac by blocking their access to other users to prevent any unexpected mishappening.
Password Protect/Encrypt Applications on Mac
With Mac App Blocker, you can password-protect each and every application on your Mac. You pick which apps will be protected, and Mac App Blocker keeps them secure.
How does Mac App Blocker work?
Mac App Blocker enables users to block access to Mac applications by placing them on a Blocked Apps list, which is password protected.
Mac App Blocker allows users to share their computer or leave it unattended while being assured that their private data cannot be opened. Also, a timeout value may be assigned to each app on the list, so that the app will automatically close after a specified period of inactivity.
Mac App Blocker Features
- Scheduling: Set a schedule for each app (or All apps) to allow unblocked usage for specific days and times.
- History: A failed attempt to access an app is recorded with the date, time, and optional photo (for iSight equipped Macs).
- Mac Friendly: Does not modify any system or application files. Works with the apps and settings you currently use.
- Automatic Exit: Set a timeout value to exit inactive apps after the elapsed time expires automatically. Great for Mac Mail and Safari.
- Stealth Mode: Hide the icon and use a fake error message, so the user won’t know the app is blocked.
- Additional Rules: Many options to control how and when blocked apps can be used.
So, what are you waiting for? Download Mac App Blocker using the link given below and protect your stuff from any type of unauthorized access.