You have an Xperia device, and suddenly the screen froze. It won’t turn on no matter what you do.
You’ve tried pressing the power button for the infinite number of times, but that didn’t fix the problem either.
I contacted Sony regarding this, and according to them, this dead screen issue or black screen of death is due to some apps that cause the screen to freeze. But I think it’s because of system issue since not all of the Xperia devices have this issue.
So, let’s move forward to fix this issue.
Fix black screen of death in Xperia devices
- Hold down the Volume Up and the Power button for about 10 seconds.
- You should feel 3 vibrations. This will turn your phone off.
- Wait a couple of seconds, like 20 or so.
- Hold down the Power button for about 3 seconds.
- This should turn the phone on again, and this time, the screen should start working too!
Note: There could be several other problems resulting in a black/dead screen. This trick is not guaranteed to get past through them and solve them all.