You have an Xperia device, and suddenly the screen froze. It won’t turn on no matter what you do.
You’ve tried pressing the power button an infinite number of times, but that didn’t fix the problem either.
I had the same issue once. I contacted Sony regarding this, and according to them, this dead screen issue or black screen of death is due to some apps.
But I think it’s because of a hardware or OS issue in some devices since not all the Xperia devices have this issue.
I tried something after doing some research, and it worked for me well.
Disclaimer: It’s not an official fix by Sony. I discovered some of its steps after doing some research online and calling some friends. This trick is not guaranteed to fix your issue. I’m just sharing what worked best for me and many others I know.
So, let’s move forward to fix this issue.
- Hold down the Volume Up and the Power button for about 10 seconds.
- You should feel 3 vibrations. This will turn your phone off.
- Wait a couple of seconds, like 20 or so.
- Hold down the Power button for about 3 seconds.
- This should turn the phone on again, and this time, the screen should start working too!
I hope it worked for you. Please share your experience or feedback below 🙂